As I get ready for my two month trip to Europe, there are a few things that I need to double check early enough before it’s too late. My friend, Nikki, who works for a bank was giving me tips on ordering Euros before my departure when I remembered that I have the Charles Schwab High Yield Investor Checking Account.
The amazing benefits include:
- No monthly service fees
- No account minimum
- Unlimited fee rebates from any ATM worldwide (ATM fees will be refunded back to your account by the next billing cycle)
- Free bill-pay on Schwab.com and Schwab Mobile
- Apply for Schwab Mobile Deposit™ to deposit checks from anywhere
- Link to Apple Pay™ to make purchases with your iPhone® 6 or iPhone 6 Plus
- FDIC insured for 250,000
- Amazing customer service. They have a toll-free number to call collect from internationally. It also doesn’t take long at all to reach an actual person. I had lost my card in Spain, and they had rushed a replacement card. I received the new card two days after my call.
Not only does this card save you from having to pay crazy exchange rates, but it also comes in handy at any locations where only cash is accepted. Just remember, you do need to be a U.S. resident to apply for the debit card. I never use my Schwab card, since I typically use my points credit cards, but, In other countries, I keep it around just in case I need to withdraw the local currency.
From my research, there really isn’t anything like this card. The cards that advertise similar benefits have their caveats and limitations and don’t come close to the freedom you would have with the Charles Schwab Debit card.